27 July 2010: Meals of the Day

Lunch was at the breakfast area! Ah! So, that's the meal that I was eyeing for, the evening before! Ha! It cost nearly 200 RMB. Pretty good... Had a satisfying dessert round... while there seem to have raw stuff, actually not that much after all... Wait a minute, they served the same thing for lunch and dinner? Hm... Maybe count myself lucky to have it as lunch?



Nice to have the company of Mdm Ge (the Vice Principal of a school in Shenzhen) and also Asleum (hahah... surprise! surprise!). Anyway, it seems like he would be attending almost every event that Apple organises... Hm... has he been converted? or it's just an opportunity? haha... U know, I know...

In the evening...
I had my very first experience of attending a "Chinese" dinner. Hahah... according to CCH, the degree of the Chinese culture I experienced in the night was to a large extent, "diluted" in the night's setting! However, one thing that never disappear was the toasting! (haha... I just wonder if I spelt the word correctly). The Chinese simply love to go around toasting to each other, in particular to the important people in the dinner... in particular, my table where the Deputy Director was... and the 4 Principals spare no effort toasting and talking... sharing jokes(?) etc... surprisingly, saw one even poured the red wine into the DD's glass and got him drink! Oh no! Drinking his 'saliva'? Yak, disgusting!

Guess I'm the 'odd' one out which since the beginning of the dinner, I was already speaking in English! Ah! Good that they assume I couldn't speak Mandarin! hahahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment