25 July 2010: Singapore-Pudong In-flight Experience

Since started the habit of posting on my travelogue at Changi Airport, without fail, I would stand before one of those internet kiosks blogging about the pre-boarding experience. Indeed, I was one of those behind the kiosks this morning but this time, was busily typing, trying to clear some work and did not even login to blog about the pre-departure experience - so rush that I would hardly operate in my right frame of mind.

Same as previous, started to recall what items that I forgot to bring along... still thinking... and noticed something! Oops! The pair of spectacles I have! That's the older pair of spectacles! Then to my horror! I forget to activate the "Out of Office" message! Hahah... noticed that only after receiving the autoreply from CCH's email!!! What else... I wonder...

This is the most ill-prepared trip... started packing that night before, and stretched all the way to the morning. Was working through mid-night to get the slides out... then the printing took ages to be done... and a number of things were outstanding... ah! I was banging hard that I have easy access of the internet, etc while in Suzhou, which I have some doubt...

Boarded the plane with an empty stomach! No breakfast... no time at all... count myself lucky when I managed to squeeze some time to bathe before leaving home! That was at 6am! Ah! It was almost just 2 hours before flight departure!


This was the breakfast cum lunch ... well, it's also the first time I have to pull the sleeve of the air stewardess to say, "I would like to have my food served now". That's really something unexpected of an airline like SIA! Hey, it's going to make it to the headlines "Get Starved in SIA"!!!

While trying to catch some lost sleep... it was kind of difficult! "Thanks" to the fellow who sat beside me! Someone heading home... who didn't know what's meant by personal space! oh! and that awful smell that lingered shortly after the plane took off... I'm quite sure it's from someone who sat near me! sigh... what lousy luck for the day!

When in the half sleep half awake (半梦半醒之间) mode, "watched" 2 movies... yes! It's watching only, without putting on the headset to listen. Thanks to the subtitles. Both are Chinese movies... one was a 'crazy' comical one 家有喜事, which is merely for laugh and relaxation. The other one 盖世神偷, initially thought it's some sort of secret society or detective-related movie. However, it turned out to be a heart warming movie - when I started to enjoy the mature and fantastic acts of Simon Yam (任达华) and Sarah Wu (吴君如) - as a middle-age old couple they portrayed... applause!

Oh! Also discovered something! There's this Singapore Sling chocolate available in the SIA flight. Bought 1 box (very expensive $25 for 6 pieces) for cousin Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment